[Mapserver-dev] mapserver - GDAL compilation error

karthik achu karthikachu at postmark.net
Fri Apr 11 05:23:30 EDT 2003

Hi Mighty Listers,

I am trying to compile mapserver with GDAL/OGR support on Windows
2000.I'm using gd 1.8.4 with gif support and zlib 1.1.4. I have
compiled the GDAL using the same Zlib.

I have tried mapserver 3.6.3 and mapserver 3.7-dev

I'm getting the following error on compilation.

LINK : fatal error LNK1149: output filename matches input filename
"D:\fastsolut
ion\project\mapserver-3.7-dev\mapserv.lib"
LINK : fatal error LNK1141: failure during build of exports file
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'link' : return code '0x475'
Stop.

I am getting this error only when I'm compiling mapserver with
GDAL/OGR support. I have tried GDAL 1.1.7 and GDAL 1.1.8. I'm getting
the same error for both these versions.

When I'm not using GDAL, this error is not occuring and I'm getting
mapserver binaries.

Can anybody help me to resolve this problem?

Hope somebody help me.

Regards

Karthik