[Mapserver-dev] PHP/.Mapscript problem with last nights build

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Sat Apr 19 13:20:14 EDT 2003

woodbri at swoodbridge.com wrote:

> I ran into a problem with last nights nightly.tar.gz download. I get the following message appended to my output:

The last time I saw this was about 1 year ago and if I remember well it
was related to a problem with resource handling vs the new reference
counting added in PHP 4.0.6... this was fixed in php_mapscript quite a
while ago.  I guess my first suggestion would be making sure that you
really are using a php_mapscript.so built from the latest source, and a
recent version of PHP, 4.2.x or 4.3.x should be fine.

I recompiled php_mapscript from CVS a few minutes ago and tested with a
few apps and I do not get this error.  If you have a systematic way to
reproduce this then I would invite you to file a bug with instructions
to reproduce (a sample script would be great) and version info for PHP,
MapScript, OS, etc.

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca