[Mapserver-dev] Transparency, truetype label and jpeg RGB format: strange behaviour

Claude Philipona claude-mapserver at skirando.ch
Tue Apr 29 04:57:09 EDT 2003

Hello,
I have tested Mapserver 3.7 / PHP Mapscript (a win32 version of
PHP-Mapscript compiled by dm solution, version April 23 2003):

MapServer Version MapServer version 3.7 (development) OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG
OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP OUTPUT=PDF OUTPUT=SWF SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=TTF
SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=GD2_RGB INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL
INPUT=SHAPEFILE <br> PHP MapScript Version ($Revision: 1.159 $ $Date:
2003/04/23 14:36:46 $)

Everything works fine, except a strange behaviour when using output jpeg
RGB, Label and transparent layer. It is impossible to get black label when
there is any transparent layer under the "labeled layer". You just get
"square" instaed of letter.

I think this behaviour would be quite limitating when using transparency
with RGB jpeg output.

I don't know if it could be related to bug 271 (but it is marked resolved),
or it it is a limitation or if I miused version 3.7

I prepared a little page showing the problem with mapfile, output,...
(so I don't pollute the mailing list with image attachment):

http://c2cpc1.camptocamp.com/~claude/mapserver/mapserver_transparency.html

If think this is a bug I will fill bugzilla.

I will try the same on a Linux box the next few days.

Claude Philipona