[Mapserver-dev] $oLayer->getShape() broken in cvs php_mapscript

Vincent Schut schut at sarvision.com
Tue Apr 29 11:06:02 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I've just cvs-updated mapserver (and updated gd to 2.0.12) and now I get a
'premature end of script headers' (of php) when I have a
$oLayer->getShape(-1, $index) in my script. Which I have and pretty much rely
on to generate classes/color ramps on the fly... This has been introduced
after updating mapserver (just one hour ago); before that, it just worked. If
I use a php script without this function (comment it out) everyting works
fine.
Anyone can confirm this as a bug?

simple testcase:

//test.phpms:
<?php
$map_path = "/var/mapserver/mapfiles/"; // change to your mappath
$map_file = "yourmapfile.map"; // change to your testmapfile
$oMap = ms_newMapObj($map_path.$map_file);
$oLayer = $oMap->getLayer(0); // first layer must be shape file
$oLayer->open();
$oLayer->getShape(-1, 0); // get first feature of shape
$oLayer->close();
?>
This reproduces the error with me, no matter what mapfile I use.

Regards,