[Mapserver-dev] MS concurrency problem with vector symbols

woodbri at swoodbridge.com woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed Jun 4 18:28:12 EDT 2003

Mark,

Mapserver, and therefore Mapscript, are not yet thread-safe. The
developers have been making a lot of changes to the source to remedy
this, and I don't think it is totally fixed in ms-3.7/4.0, let along
3.6.5.

You can search the archives for "thread safe" to get more info. By
the way, this is also the same reason that PHP must be built as a CGI
in Apache and not as a module if you want to use PHP/mapscript.

-Steve W.