[Mapserver-dev] MapServer 4.0 release plan

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Jun 26 19:10:39 EDT 2003

Hi everyone,

I already wrote a note about this on the mapserver-users list a few
minutes ago, but I thought I should write a formal note to all
developers to let you know that we are currently working with Steve to
release MapServer 4.0 by mid-July.

Our plan is to fix all the critical bugs before the end of the month
(there are 158 open bugs) and to mark all non-critical enhancements or
small issues as 4.1 bugs.

Then we would have a pre-release first week of July, and if things go
well a formal 4.0 release by mid-July.

For this reason, we ask all developers to not commit any new features to
CVS other than critical fixes.  Also, if anyone has critical bugs on
their plate that are ready to be committed to CVS then it would be great
if they could be committed asap.  Your collaboration will help ensure
that we can finally get that 4.0 release out the door.

Thanks

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca