[Mapserver-dev] Modification to iteminfo piece of various connections...

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Mar 12 17:08:05 EST 2003

Hi Folks: In order to get dynamic joins working for query and
classification I need to request that developers make a modification to
the routines that muck with the void *iteminfo layer variable.
Previously it was assumed that the contents of the layer->items variable
were items related only to the core data (i.e. a single shapefile or SDE
query). With joins that's not the case. The items could come from the
core data OR from a dynamic join. (I'm planning on DBF and MySQL support
for the 3.7 release) So, the vendor specific code needs to be altered to
take this into account. For example, for shapefiles iteminfo really is
just a list of DBF item indexes for the items we need. I will change
that so iteminfo is a pointer to a struct that contains an array of
indexes plus the length of that array since we can't assume it's the
same length as the layer->items array. I'll take care of the shapefile
and SDE modifications, but will need help for the others. Clear as mud?
Contact me with questions...

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager