[Mapserver-dev] MIME Types...

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Nov 3 11:46:15 EST 2003

Steve Lime wrote:
> Hi Folks: I/we need to be able to change MIME types for query results
> somehow. It's possible to output plain text, HTML, XML, SVG (with new
> shpxy tag) and even PHP code as a result of a query, but at the moment
> everything is sent as text/html. I could add a msGetQueryMIMEType
> function to examine template filename extensions and return a type, but
> I'm wondering if something more general for templates and images alike
> might be warranted. Thoughts?

Steve,

Currently the mime type information for images is stored in the outputFormatObj
structure.  You could conceivably use the same mechanism to control query
output.  Obviously some of the image related stuff like transparent, and
imagemode would not be meaningful for query output.  However, the ability to
dynamically configure mimetype, and extension and to pass various driver
specific options might be nice.