[Mapserver-dev] Couple of code cleanup questions...

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Oct 23 16:30:27 EDT 2003

I'd like to do a bit of cleanup, any objections to:

  - fixing the member names in the mapservObj? They are named unlike
anything else in the code. There are a few vars in there
that have very cryptic names (e.g. LRN). This would involve some
changes to mapserv.c, mapserv_fcgi.c and maptemplate.c. I don't know
how prevelant this object is in the scripting envs.

  - fixing string function names? Again a real mixed bag, some use
msString.. others are like gsub. I'd like to standardize on msString...

  - fixing behavior of split function (soon to be msStringSplit). At
present it ignores consecutive delimeters. This presents a problem with
CSV
joined tables where ,, actually means a field is empty. I'd like to
change the behavior to return an empty string.