[Mapserver-dev] jBox image dragging

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Oct 27 11:03:59 EST 2003

Cool, nice modification, now of course I need to modify dbox. There is
no problem sending
negative coordinates. That's how most panning is done anyways.

Steve

>>> Richard Greenwood <Rich at GreenwoodMap.com> 10/26/2003 9:03:36 PM

I have added image dragging functionality to jBox. This allows the user
drag the image within the applet area. A new imgxy is then passed to
mapserver when the mouse is released. A working example is at
http://www2.tetonwyo.org/mapserver/

Depending on how far the user has dragged the image, the new values for

imgxy may be negative and/or greater than the current image size. In my

limited testing this has not generated any errors. Does anyone see a
problem with this? i.e. Am I breaking any rules by sending negative
imgxy
values, or imgxy values greater than the current image size?

Thanks,
Rich

Richard W. Greenwood, PLS
Greenwood Mapping, Inc.