[Mapserver-dev] Building .exes with DLLs on windows

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Apr 6 10:02:52 EDT 2004

Yewondwossen Assefa wrote:
>  There should not be any problems on the mapserver side. What "scares"
> me more is modifing the build for the other dependent libararies to
> produce dll's and libs that are usable by mapserver. Sometimes It is
> just a fight to have these libraries build on windows and makefiles,
> when provided, are not as easy to work as it is in Gdal for example. I
> will try to gradullay port all the librairies.

Assefa,

I don't particularly want to factor all the other dependent libraries out
as DLLs if they aren't already.  For all the ones that are currently
statically linked into mapserv.exe, they can also be statically linked into
libmap.dll.  Based on this assumption there shouldn't be any need to change
the dependent libraries, which I agree can be kind of scary.