[Mapserver-dev] Proposal for mapscript documentation using Restructuredtext

Sean Gillies sgillies at frii.com
Thu Feb 19 09:40:15 EST 2004

On Feb 18, 2004, at 11:35 PM, Steve Lime wrote:

> I agree with Dan about merging documentation. If we don't want to go
> nuts and merge with PHP initially that's cool, but ultimately that
> should be the plan. That will help force keeping the variants in sync.
> Sean's example is fine as a starting point but I think we'll need a
> human(s) to keep the documentation on track an to  deal with language
> issues. Lowell Flak probably has the best version (aleit with frames)
> outside of the DMS PHP stuff now. Assuming he (and others) are
> interested, what about producing a base docbook version automagically
> and then turning them loose?
>
> Steve

OK, I agree that we should aim for a unified mapscript documentation.
Could we begin to discuss unifying the module API through the new
Bugzilla issue I started?

Certainly there will be much for Lowell and others to add to the
bare-bones
documentation that will come from mapscript.txt.  Usage examples
particularly.

Sean