[Mapserver-dev] Rotated Map Rendering

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu May 20 09:18:31 EDT 2004

Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
> By limiting the transforms to +-90 degrees increments the transform
> becomes one of just swapping x/y values and/or min/max values which
> should be fast and the same for pixel outputs.
>
> So I probably have missed the whole point of this discussion and this is
> just extraneous noise so feel free to ignore it if it doesn't apply.

Steve (W),

I am not sure that I would like putting part of the view definition  (SIZE
and EXTENT) in the MAP object, and part (ROTATION) in the OUTPUTFORMAT object.
To my point of view, we are just defining a slightly more complex EXTENT
window onto world coordinates that allows the view rectangle to be other than
north-up.

I would also note that client needs is for an arbitrary rotation, not just
90 degree increments.