[Mapserver-dev] New file - mapobject.c

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu May 20 10:18:46 EDT 2004

Folks,

I would like to setup a new module - mapobject.c - to contain functions
operating on the mapfile that don't specifically belong somewhere else.
In particular, drawing functionality will remaining in mapdraw.c, and
mapfile reading code should remain in mapfile.c. However, I have found myself
dumping lots of extra "map" functions in mapfile.c for lack of somewhere else
to put them and it seems wrong to me.  As we move to have more operator
functions for manipulating the mapObj I think it helps to have somewhere to
put them.

I think at some point the stuff in mapcopy.c that is really the mapobject
itself should also move in, though I'll wait on that for a bit.

Any objections?