new windows makefile

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at XS4ALL.NL
Tue Nov 30 08:31:56 EST 2004

Hi list,

I was successfull to compile Mapserver according to the new updated
makefiles :), thanks Frank. Two remarks:

1)
The first thing I ran into was not having bgd.lib, but this was easily
solved by running gdwin32\makemsvcimport.bat.

2)
Then I ran into the following:

Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 6.00.8168
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1992-1998. All rights reserved.

   Creating library mapserver_i.lib and object mapserver_i.exp
regex.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _printchar
libmap.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'link' : return code '0x460'
Stop.

Which I solved by using Brent Fraser's solution from:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/data2/wilma/mapserver-users/0406/msg00839.html

Maybe the Win32 compilation guide could be updated with this? Or nmake.opt
could have this setting by default?

Best regards,
Bart