[Mapserver-dev] Modularizing mapserver

Attila Csipa plists at prometheus.org.yu
Thu Sep 16 11:40:35 EDT 2004

On Thursday 16 September 2004 17:16, Sean Gillies wrote:
> Speaking of conditional compilation: some files like mapimagemap.c
> and mapmygis.c that are clearly (IMO) non-core code are compiled
> whether the user wants them or not.  Would the developers of these
> files be willing to work with me to start on a source reorganization?

I have no problem with that. A few notes: mapmygis is an adaptation of
mappostgis so it should behave the same way (unless this has been changed in
the meantime or I made an error in the config/make process), and only the
placeholder functions are compiled in if the --with-mygis option is not
specified (or at least that's how it is intended to be, if it isn't, it's a
bug). Mapimagemap generation could/should be optional as well.