[Mapserver-dev] connection pooling segfaults SDE

Jan Hartmann j.l.h.hartmann at uva.nl
Mon Sep 20 06:44:35 EDT 2004

Howard Butler wrote:

> There still are some bugs with connection pooling that cause my stuff to
> segfault from time to time.  After I upgraded to SDE 9.0, the strategy
> that I took to prevent them didn't work anymore.  I will be getting back
> to this problem soon, but I don't think it is an issue here.

Howard,

I submitted  the global connection pooling mechanism at the beginning of
2003, and Steve Lime then adapted it for SDE and committed it. There
seemd to have been no problems since then until you accessed it with
Python MapScript. The problem could have to do with two points I
discussed with Steve at that time. Perhaps they can help you in the
right direction.

Jan

(email 22-01-2003)