[Mapserver-dev] loadquery/savequery

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Sep 24 11:00:00 EDT 2004

Hi,

Chameleon uses a session management technique that preserves changes to
the mapfile structure by saving/loading the map object between page
submits.  I recently added use of the saveQuery and loadQuery functions
to several operations in Chameleon (like persistent queries and the
region of interest tools) and I am concerned about the effect that
modifications to the layers in the map file might have on saved queries.
  Specifically I am wondering about how saveQuery/loadQuery will work
when the layers are added/removed/promoted/demoted ... will this
invalidate the saved query?  Or does the saveQuery know more about the
layer than its order?  Would it be possible to extend save/load query to
the layer level?

Cheers,

Paul