python mapscript processLegendTemplate()

Vincent Schut schut at SARVISION.COM
Wed Jan 12 13:02:07 EST 2005

Hi all,

is map.processLegendTemplate() in python mapscript (cvs upped today)
supposed to work? Or are the typemaps not yet enabled?
I don't seem to be able to get it to work, actually, and would like to
know if this is my fault :-)
 From the source I see that I am supposed to supply a names, a values
and  a numItems paramter. What are these? If I supply (None, None, 0) I
get the following error in apache's errorlog:

[Wed Jan 12 18:54:26 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PythonHandler
mod_python.publisher:   File
"/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/mapscript.py", line 902, in
processLegendTemplate\n    def processLegendTemplate(*args): return
_mapscript.mapObj_processLegendTemplate(*args)
[Wed Jan 12 18:54:26 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PythonHandler
mod_python.publisher: MapServerError: msFreeHashItems(): Hash table
error.Can't free NULL table\nmsFreeHashItems(): Hash table error. Can't
free NULL table

If I supply any other thing than None's as first/second argument, I get
complaints about the argument type (should be pointer and/or p_p_char).

Btw, I saw an item in the bugzilla about a problem that looked similar,
but was about java mapscript (bug 1128).

Any suggestions are welcome! I would really like to have html legends
working in python mapscript...

Cheers,
Vincent.