[UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Question re: PostGIS and MapScript getExtent() function

Fernando Simon fsimon at UNIVALI.BR
Wed Jul 13 10:30:45 EDT 2005

Hi,
    I don't know if this issue occur in PostGIS, but sometimes when the
source of the data is a spatial function(buffer, centroid, union,
xor...) or a complex query (select with subselects and subselects...)
the Oracle Spatial don't create a spatial index for the data, so for
Oracle Spatial the function for fast Extent will return a database error
and can crash or don't return any correct value for Mapserv. Is it occur
in PostGIS?
   Thanks.

Fernando Simon
Mapserver and Oracle Spatial developer
G10 - Laboratorio de Computacao Aplicada - Brazil
http://g10.cttmar.univali.br - UNIVALI/CTTMAR