Sally's Summit Summary

Paul Ramsey pramsey at REFRACTIONS.NET
Mon Jun 20 15:45:00 EDT 2005

Steve,
Thanks for the summary, I am sorry I missed the summit, but the Twins
were playing so we did baseball instead.

- Paul Spencer and I also talked about "magic projection" support. Many
formats have projection information embedded or alongside, so having to
redundently specify them in the map file is not the most user-friendly
approach. Like the "wms_extent", projection blocks should really only be
required "as necessary". I think this can be done relatively easily, by
adding some projection setting code into the LayerOpen area of each
driver, and agreeing on some heuristics:

o If there is a PROJECTION in the map file, then don't overwrite it.

Paul