msClipPolygonRect() / msClipPolylineRect()

Thu Mar 24 15:49:26 EST 2005

I don't doubt there are optimizations to be had (thanks for making those
that you have already). That clipping code has been around for a long
time and wasn't originally developed for spatial processing but for
graphics work. I could imagine that some optimizations existed
externally to the clipping function and were lost in translation.

Steve

>>> fwarmerdam at gmail.com 3/24/2005 1:57:50 PM >>>
On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 13:53:37 -0600, Steve Lime
<steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us> wrote:
> Correct. Filtering based purely on bboxes is done very early in the
> process. msLayerWhichShapes (in the case of shapefiles) sets up a
bit
> array (ideally from a quadtree index) of shapes *in* the rendering
> window and processing (via msLayerNextShape) list limited to those
> shapes.

Steve,

Ah, you are way ahead of me on this one.  Forget I brought up the
possibility.

Likewise, we keep the clipping, though there might be room for
additional optimizations within it.

warmerdam at pobox.com
and watch the world go round - Rush    | Geospatial Programmer for
Rent