setting transparent in legendObj not supported with SWIG

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 13 21:19:06 EDT 2005

On 9/13/05, Tamas Szekeres <szekeres.tamas at freemail.hu> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Could anyone explain the reason that changing the transparency of
> legendObj and scalebarObj is why explicitly unsupported with SWIG mapscript
> (see map.h)?

Tamas,

I think I may have disabled those when I impleemnted support for
outputFormatObjs' in MapServer.  My theory was that these
entries should be considered deprecated and would eventually
be removed.  However, I am not sure it is easy to create a legend
or scalebar using a custom outputformatobj in mapscript either.

In short I suspect it is a bit of a botch, and is my fault.