QA/Test checklist for 4.10 release

Tue Aug 15 17:01:27 EDT 2006

Dear Dev's,

For this 4.10 release, I would like to start documenting and organising
our QA and testing a little bit. I am sure some of you will have lots of
great ideas on how QA and automated testing can be done and I have my
own ideas too, but for now all I'm trying to do is have "something" for
4.10: a trace of what has been tested and a kind of assurance that when
we release a beta and the final release that a reasonable amount of
testing has been done.

So I have added a "QA/Tests Checklist" to the 4.10 release plan at:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/release_plans/mapserver_4_10/

I think all the information that you need should be in the page and we
can discuss this further in the IRC meeting tomorrow.

I have only included the names of the main developers in the first
version of the checklist, but we welcome experienced users to contribute
as testers. Just let us know and we'll add your name to the table.

Once things are running smoothly with this QA/Tests checklist, Normand
Savard (our QA guy here) will maintain the checklist and coordinate the
tests with all the volounteers for each beta release.

Now, since 4.10-beta1 is planned for tomorrow, I would invite all
developers to perform at least some quick tests on their platform of
choice and update the checklist at the URL above before the end of the
day tomorrow (Wednesday).

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/