Fix for bug #1629

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Thu Feb 2 09:45:01 EST 2006

On 2/2/06, Umberto Nicoletti <umberto.nicoletti at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Note 1: we should really set up some automated tests for stuff like
> > > this and in particular for regression testing and integrate them in
> > > the build process.
> > >

> > Agreed. Does this mean you're offering to contribute some tests for Sean
> > or Frank's test suites? ;)
>
> I was thinking about something like that. Stay tuned.

Umberto,

One problem is that it is hard to have test suite
stuff for external RDBMSes because it is hard to
duplicate the RDBMS configuration everywhere the
test suite is run.  That said, if the test suite addition
includes the SQL script needed to initialize the database
into "read to use" form, it would be at least reasonably
useful.

I hope one day we will have a system setup somewhere
accessable for automated nightly testing that could have
various database instances setup.