Need for msInit() and msFinish()...

Sun Feb 12 23:34:00 EST 2006

Hi all: I'll looking at porting mapgeos.cpp to use the GEOS C API and it looks to me like we'll need an msInit() and msFinish() for use in the C code and more importantly MapScript. The GEOS C library requires initialization and cleanup. We get around it know by maintianing a global GeometryFactory and leaking a few bytes. That doesn't look to be possible or desireable with the C API.

Hence the need. We could hide calls in the mapfile load/free code, but there are some cases where MapScript scripts don't need a mapfile so we'd need to expose 'em for those cases.

Thoughts?