MapServer and Sensor Observation Service

Fri Jan 27 14:48:12 EST 2006

Daniel,

I think the issue here is would any of the existing community benefit
from this, be able to use it, etc or not. It seems like this would add a
lot to the documentation and complexity to mapserver from the point of
view or newbies trying to learn things and from testing and release
management.

So if a bunch(?) of other users need this functionality in mapserver, I
guess I would be OK with it, but my gut based on the description and my
needs today, would say make it a separate project built on top of
mapserver. It seems you have had similar concerns because you are asking
these questions and thought up these scenarios.

I think this gets back to the need for a mapscript like API for "C" that
is stable and that other can build C-based applications on.

My 2 cents,
  -Steve