Hide tileindex layer

Denis Nadeau denis.nadeau at GMAIL.COM
Thu Nov 16 14:43:11 EST 2006

2006/11/16, Daniel Morissette <dmorissette at mapgears.com>:

> Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> >
> > I think if the wcs service is listed but the layer is not a raster
> layer,
> > or does not have DUMP TRUE set, then an error should be emitted
> explaining
> > the problem.
> >

> An option could be to emit a <!-- WARNING ... --> comment in the
> GetCapabilities when this layer is being processed. At least for WMS and
> WFS, WARNINGs in GetCapabilities are used this way to report several
> potential config issues or missing pieces of info.
>
> > I also think there should be an "all" option indicating that a layer
> > should be made visible to all *applicable* services.
> >

> Or a way to make 'all' the default? For instance, we could allow setting
> "ows_service" "wms, wfs" in the WEB metadata, and this value would be
> inherited by default by all layers unless they have their own
> ows_service metadata. This way if you want to include 20 layers and
> exclude only one or two you can do it easily without having to set
> ows_service on all layers in the mapfile.

Daniel,

I like the idea of seting ows_service in the WEB to default to all layers
unless ows_service is specified in a specify layer.

Although, this idea does not cover bug 300 about the output of "geometry".

I first thought of "ows_service" as a way to turn a layer on and off and in
bug 300 Doug Cate talks about "Outputs attribute fields (with our without)
the geometry".  I think we would need another metadata for this matter
something like "ows_service_geometry".

Right now, I am willing to start writting code for ows_service metadata.
For the "geometry" case I would prefer to postpone it until I get to know
MapServer code better.

Denis