Hide tileindex layer

Thu Nov 16 17:01:11 EST 2006

Denis Nadeau wrote:

> I like the idea of seting ows_service in the WEB to default to all
> layers unless ows_service is specified in a specify layer.

Cool.

> Although, this idea does not cover bug 300 about the output of "geometry".
>
> I first thought of "ows_service" as a way to turn a layer on and off and
> in bug 300 Doug Cate talks about "Outputs attribute fields (with our
> without) the geometry".  I think we would need another metadata for this
> matter something like "ows_service_geometry".

I think the control of attributes is (at least in part) covered by the
gml_include_items/gml_exclude_items metadata:

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/wfs_server/#layer-object

Those two metadata entries don't handle the geometry at the moment, but
I think they could be extended to support a special geometry-related
keyword that would do what we need.

> Right now, I am willing to start writting code for ows_service
> metadata.  For the "geometry" case I would prefer to postpone it until I
> get to know MapServer code better.

Since this is a change in behavior I think a RFC would be in order and
we should combine the solution to both issues (the ows_service and the
geometry issue) in the same RFC. Ideally I'd help with this RFC, but
unfortunately I don't have time to help much right now.

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/