msautotest on Windows (buildbot) for MapServer 5.0

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at GMAIL.COM
Tue Aug 28 17:02:58 EDT 2007

2007/8/28, Normand Savard <nsavard at mapgears.com>:

> I noticed that the wxs/sld tests failed because the projection 42304 is
> not found (see the error message below).  The projection is defined in
> the map file as:
>
> PROJECTION
>  "init=./data/epsg2:42304"
> END
>
> The epsg2 file is really in the data directory.  I have no idea right
> now why it doesn't find the projection file on this Windows machine.
> The Windows machine at our office didn't meet this issue.

Normand,

I think there's quite some confusion about how mapserv actually does
the lookup of the epsg file for getting the project parameters.
Therefore it's worth considering to embed the proj parameters in the
mapfiles whenever it's possible so as to minimize the external
dependencies of the tests.

In this particular case I did some investigation and found that
embedding that projection in c.\proj\nad\epsg could solve the issue on
the windows builders.

> Finally some of the tests failed because of floating point rounding
> rules difference between Windows and Unix.  These tests need to be
> validated visually and move to the expected directory.  They are:

Perhaps we could alter the compare algorithm of the images using a per
pixel method with a proper tolerance considering the difference
between the rounding rules.

Best regards,

Tamas Szekeres