MS RFC 22a: Feature cache for long running processes and query processing (update)

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jun 24 10:22:17 EDT 2007

Hi All,

In the meantime I've created the core implementation of the proposed
changes. The MS-RFC-22a have been updated according to Steve's
comments and questions.

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/rfc/ms-rfc-22a

I've also constructed a sample scenario along with this RFC to
visualize the power behind the concept.
For the better readability I've also taken out most of the
implementation code into separate patches attached to the
corresponding ticket:

This RFC is still in discussion phase and I'm waiting for further
comments and proposals. I also let you folks the decision whether this
change is "simple" enough to paricipate in the upcoming release or
not. Needless to say I'm pretty interested in the changes in my
further projects but I don't intend to force anything against the
majority of the community.

Best regards,

Tamas