svn logging and MS_CVSID

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Thu May 3 11:38:52 EDT 2007

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] wrote:
> When applying commits, log messages do not appear at the top of files
> the way they did in CVS.

Tom,

Good point.  In fact, we should likely remove the $Log$ logs since
the fact that they don't reflect the most recent changes is confusing.
I'd be willing to do that if no one objects.  I have a script I used
for GDAL that should be repurposable.

 >  Do we have to do anything in particular in
> formatting/keywords when applying commits in svn?

I'm not sure what you mean.  We did discuss including the bug id
at the end of the commit message prefixed with the #.

> As well, should MS_CVSID now be MS_SVNID, or maybe something more
> generic?

Now this sounds like busy work!  I don't see any compelling reason
to fiddle with this.