source code layout and organization

Tue May 29 11:40:40 EDT 2007

I'd be very interested in code cleanup, but like Frank stuffing things into directories
doesn't seem that beneficial. I guarantee there are grey areas, for example, where
do you put something like mapgml.c, ogc or formats?

I'd be more interested in a structure like:

  mapserver/
      lib/
      bin/
      include/  (?)
      src/
      tests/
      mapscript/

So at least after a build the binaries are separated from the source code. All the configuration
files, READMEs and HISTORY.txt would live in the top level directory.

As for code clean-up, besides those already mentioned. 1) The msObj definition is a mess in
maptemplate.h (I think I created a bug for that already) and 2)  mapimagemap.c has a lot of
leftovers from it's original coding.

Steve

<2576812186CDD411BF1500508B6DCE9511B30E9D at ecnwri1.ontario.int.ec.gc.ca>,