INCLUDE tag functionality extension... maybe grounds for smallish RFC

Attila Csipa plists at PROMETHEUS.ORG.YU
Fri Nov 30 05:44:56 EST 2007

On Friday 30 November 2007 05:22:58 Steve Lime wrote:
> There's some merit here I think. When including files from a directory do
> you only load those with a certain extension(s)? I could see running into
> problems when you leave a stray editor file (e.g. an emacs .map~ file)

The original solution mirrors the way apache works (=does not rely on
extensions) but since there is a well established extension for map files
(case insensitive .map), I guess it would be a reasonable choice to filter
out non .map-s . Also, since it's not much work, I'd suggest including
similar functionality by the RFC to all keywords where multiple file
inclusion/processing makes sense. A quick scan through the mapfile reference
doc tells me the candidates for this are for example FONTSET and SYMBOLSET.