[mapserver-dev] Re: Changing the connectiontype with the mapscript interface doesn't change the vtable.

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 16:53:41 EDT 2008

2008/8/13 Daniel Morissette <dmorissette at mapgears.com>:
> Tamas,
>
> I saw that you added this in r7845 a few minutes ago, but would have a few
> comments/questions:
>
> 1- What value should be passed to the library_str arg? That's not specified
> in the docs that you created in mapscript.txt

Daniel,

In case when the layer.connectiontype == MS_PLUGIN you'll have to
specify the plugin library name so as to select the library to load by
mapserver. For the other connection types this parameter is not used.
I'll update the mapscript.txt with this statement.

> 2- The new method is called layerObj.connectLayer() ... would it not be
> better call it layerObj.setConnectionType()? It seems to me that
> setConnectionType() would be more meaningful since it's not opening an
> actual connection contrary to what the verb "connect" suggests, and it's
> also not setting the layer->connection value, it's just setting the
> connection type params, right?

I've just taken over it's original name derived from msConnectLayer
according to the terminology of RFC8 but I don't object to use
setConnectionType() instead (that was my first idea anyway).

Best regards,

Tamas