AW: AW: [mapserver-dev] speed up layer displayingpostgis-mapserver

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Thu Aug 21 15:34:55 EDT 2008

Back off a bit. Stop debugging your whole process and start stripping
it down into components.

How long does it take to generate just one tile? Run mapserver from
the command line to do that, so you're seeing mapserver performance,
and not conflating your control script with it.

Strip it down to just one layer in your map file. Still slow? Is one
layer in particular slow?

Turn on mapserver debugging to the max and read the timings in the
log. Is there a place the time is going?

Break it down to small parts, test each part individually. You've gone
as far as you can tinkering with map file syntax.

P.