[mapserver-dev] Re: potential fcgi hang problem

bartvde at osgis.nl bartvde at osgis.nl
Mon Aug 25 08:58:53 EDT 2008

An update on this issue, this was caused by running an old version (2.4.2)
of mod_fastcgi.

The latest version of mod_fastcgi ignores exitcode 0. So Mapserver does
not need any changes for this.

http://www.fastcgi.com/mod_fastcgi/fcgi_pm.c

                        if (s->directive == APP_CLASS_STANDARD) {
                            /* restart static app */
                            s->procs[i].state = FCGI_START_STATE;
                            if (exitStatus != 0) {
                                /* don't bump failure count on exit 0 */
                                s->numFailures++;
                            }
                        }

Best regards,