AW: [mapserver-dev] RFC49: mapfile simplifications andsymbologyenhancements

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Fri Dec 5 10:43:25 EST 2008

Steve,

  Perhaps a compromise would be to allow some simple arithmetic expressions (like the ones in the FILTER keyword?), such as:

    SIZE  ( 18 + [poptotal] * (( 43-18)/(5000-30000))  )

In my case, I've got ANGLEs in a shapefile (ok, 13,000 shapefiles) as "standard" angles (0=x-axis, + is ccw) but Mapserver likes azimuths (0=y-axis, + = cw).  I'd rather not add another field to the shapefile, to minimize the data management problems.

Brent Fraser