[mapserver-dev] RFC 50: OpenGL Rendering Support

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed Dec 24 00:43:37 EST 2008

Steve Lime wrote:
> I added a formal version of RFC 50 to the new docs repository. It's
> at:
>
> http://svn.osgeo.org/mapserver/trunk/docs/development/rfc/ms-rfc-50.txt
>

> With general agreement on adding OpenGL rendering to MapServer we
> should turn to the details of the RFC, and then formally vote on it.

Well then, attending to details ... :)

I think we should make sure that we support in the OUTPUTFORMAT like:

  FORMATOPTION "QUANTIZE_FORCE=ON"
  FORMATOPTION "QUANTIZE_DITHER=OFF"
  FORMATOPTION "QUANTIZE_COLORS=256"

  FORMATOPTION "PALETTE_FORCE=TRUE"
  FORMATOPTION "PALETTE=/u/data/maps/palette-ayna-agg.txt"

And the like for post processing the image, if this is possible. Sounds
like it is as the image has to be sucked out of the graphics board into
the GD buffer where it could be post processed before write the image.

I wonder if there are options to the OpenGL driver to do the post
processing of the image in the video driver?

Best regards,
   -Steve W