Updating the MapServer README...

Mon Feb 4 11:23:21 EST 2008

Tamas Szekeres wrote:
> Steve,
>
> Are we planning to omit the $Id$ tag from the header, then?

I think we should have the $Id: $ tag in all files. If you take
mapserver.h as the reference, it has it at the top.

With respect to the original question: the credits section of the
README, I agree that it's out of date and have no objection to seeing it
removed for now. However I would like to eventually have a way to give
credit (in some user-accessible place, not just source) to organizations
who have contributed to MapServer, but I don't know how to do this
efficiently... it's tough to keep such a list up to date, and to deal
with small vs large contributions in a fair way, etc. GDAL has
http://www.gdal.org/credits.html ... I'm not sure how Frank manages to
keep this up to date and fair though. Maybe he could comment on that?

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/