[mapserver-dev] Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] Google Summer of Code 2008

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Feb 21 14:39:21 EST 2008

Steve Lime wrote:
> I'd co-mentor that one too since it's likely, at least in part, the GML output path.
>
> Steve

> Yewondwossen Assefa <yassefa at dmsolutions.ca> wrote:
>
>> If the KML output is chosen by a student, I would like to be able to
>> mentor or co-mentor the project.

Folks,

At this point it is premature to worry about who will mentor what.

1) Get some rough ideas for projects in the wiki.

2) See what projects students are proposing (which may have nothing to
do with our ideas).

3) potential mentors rate the student proposals, and indicate which
proposals they would be willing to mentor.

So - at this point we just need to focus on getting some interesting,
yet practical and constructive project ideas listed in the wiki.