[mapserver-dev] 5.2rc1: GetLegendGraphic change?]

bartvde at osgis.nl bartvde at osgis.nl
Mon Jul 14 03:29:13 EDT 2008

Okay, after some debugging I found the culprit.

There is a website on our intranet which sets a cookie for font size, and
its name is style and its value is A. So this is added to the request by
Mapserver (in cgiutil.c), and hence the error message.

But I don't think this is a good situation, that cookies are overriding
WMS parameters. Why is this? I see it was already in 5.0, but then
ofcourse Mapserver did not have named styles as yet.

Best regards,
Bart

Bart,

   I am not sure why would get this behavior since effectively STYLE is
an optional parameter.  Looking into the code, It seems that the error
message reported could only happen if STYLE is defined.
I have done local tests on windows/linux (using the same wms parameters
as your example) with MapServer svn and I get the expected result.

Could you send me a simple sample that I can look at? I think if there
is an issue we should address it before the 5.2 release.

Best Regards,