[mapserver-dev] help! agg palette quantize algorithm imperfection

BrainDrain paulborodaev at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 07:56:04 EDT 2008

I use this output format in my map file:
OUTPUTFORMAT
 NAME "AGG_Q"
 DRIVER "AGG/PNG"
 MIMETYPE "image/png; mode=8bit"
 IMAGEMODE RGB
 EXTENSION "png"
 FORMATOPTION "QUANTIZE_FORCE=ON"
 FORMATOPTION "QUANTIZE_DITHER=OFF"
 FORMATOPTION "QUANTIZE_COLORS=256"
END
but every time map draw called (or map image requested fom cgi mapserv.exe)
polygons has a little difference in fill color (I think this is because
color palette recalculated slightly different each time). This is
unacceptable for me. How can i correct this? (maybe some FORMATOPTION?)