[mapserver-dev] Support for the MapInfo style zoom layeringoption.

Håvard Tveite havard.tveite at umb.no
Fri Jun 27 08:01:01 EDT 2008

If it is the horizontal extent of the map in "terrain"/
map units (e.g. meters) that is to be specified, I think we
should include "extent" in some way, since the "EXTENT"
tag at the map object/level deals with the same kind of
"units".

What about "minhorizontalextent" "maxhorizontalextent"

Frankly, I don't see the big point in this new "display
rule", but since MapInfo uses it, there are probably use
cases (but why would anyone want a 500 pixel wide map view
to behave in a different way than a 1000 pixel wide map
view for the same map scale?  And why should you care
about width if you don't care about height???).

Håvard Tveite

Steve Lime wrote:
> More explicit, I like it.

> <f3b73b7d0806260818h46e98e3fpda35859dcb6bb0af at mail.gmail.com>, "Tamas Szekeres"
> <szekerest at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2008/6/26 Steve Lime <Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us>:
>>> Makes my head spin to use them in concert and I think it would be hard to
>> debug problems. Seems like there
>>> would be reasons to want ORs too:
>>>
>>>  ((scale > 500) && (scale < 1000)) || (width < 1000)
>>>
>>> Personally I'd keep it simple and allow one or the other. If we do pursue
>> REQUIRES as an alternative then
>>> that could support crazier expressions like above.
>>>
>>  I don't object.
>>

>>> ...WIDTH still reminds me of pixels. What about MINXLENGTH, MAXXLENGTH?
>>>
>> Another option would be MINGEOWIDTH and MAXGEOWIDTH
>> like we already use this terminology in msMapComputeGeotransform for
>> example.
>>
>> Tamas

Håvard Tveite
Department of Mathematical Sciences and Technology, UMB
Drøbakveien 31, POBox 5003, N-1432 Ås, NORWAY
Phone: +47 64965483 Fax: +47 64965401 http://www.umb.no/imt/