[mapserver-dev] ms rfc 48: adding a type keyword to the style block

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 15:57:39 EST 2008

2008/11/6 thomas bonfort <thomas.bonfort at gmail.com>:
> * GEOMETRYTRANSFORM seems to me to be a better keyword than
> geometryexpression, as the expression keyword is used to express
> filtering in mapserver-land

Thomas,

I don't object about the name if we can find the best keyword.

> * I think adding this keyword to the *layer* level poses a few
> problems regarding the layer/geometry type (eg layer type geometry
> with a "centroid" transform creates a point layer), that would have to
> be carefully checked, as the layer type is used in a few places after
> layergetshape.

I think it would be enough to mention in the corresponding
documentaiton that the user should take care of using the proper layer
type according to the output geometry type of the transformation.
We might also treat this in a separate RFC .however if we have the
geometry transformation framework implemented, it would not be a big
deal to hook it into the layers as well.

Best regards,

Tamas