[mapserver-dev] numeric values in string columns

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Mon Nov 10 07:24:09 EST 2008

bartvde at osgis.nl wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> we've got a dataset with road numbers, the column in ArcSDE is a character
> type. But the values can look like numbers (002 etc.) as well as strings
> (e.g. N329).
>
> Mapserver will fail in this case, seeing it will check the value for
> determining the type of column (mapogcfilter.c).
>
> Will this be easy to fix, or will it require that Mapserver stores column
> types internally?

I'll let Assefa answer about mapogcfilter.c specifically, but I think it
would be a good thing to maintain the original column type.

I started working on support for column types in MapServer a few years
ago but never finished it... I think that may even have been for WFS...
I checked this morning and unfortunately I could not find that code
anywhere.

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/