[mapserver-dev] MapServer Logo Proposal

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Oct 15 18:09:18 EDT 2008

Hi all: This is a logo idea I had that I wanted to float by folks. MapServer has always been tough to develop a logo for. I started thinking about the "map" part and what that meant and I was reminded of the first map I remember seeing on a regular basis - the folder highway map in my parents car. The base logo is just that, a folded map. It's simple and would reproduce nicely at small sizes so it could be used as an icon in a map or it could be developed into something more complex for use in print materials or web graphics. For example the panels in the logo could contain actual maps and so on. Attached are png and svg versions of a quick mock up I did. I'm interested if you like it as a concept.

Those I have showed it to have responded positively. I think a graphics designer could run with the idea and give us a number of options to think about w/regards to shape colors, fonts and so on, so if you have such a person at your disposal...!

Thanks!