[mapserver-dev] IGNORE_MISSING_DATA

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Fri Oct 17 12:43:21 EDT 2008

Daniel Morissette wrote:
> Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
>>  Also you have to maintain two copies of every mapfile, with and
>> without the CONFIG if you are supporting sites with multiple versions
>> of mapserver running.
>>

> Unless I'm mistaken this would not be required: the CONFIG would simply
> be ignored by older versions of MapServer that don't support it.

Thanks that is good to know, but I still think we should keep the
compile time switch for backwards compatibility. This would do nothing
more than set the default state of the CONFIG parameter. While I
understand it is a pain to maintain the configure script and any
simplification of it is desirable, I'm worried that changing this
behavior will be annoying and generate additional support email. I find
it hard to believe that I would be the only one using this existing feature.

-Steve W