AW: AW: Re: [mapserver-dev] Ok, one more labeling sample...

SUSANNE susanne.kalliany at tefis.at
Thu Sep 18 15:17:29 EDT 2008

The picture is a snap-shot from mapserver display; I am using Mapserver 5.2
with ka-map.
In my opinion the labels are created with parameters of map-file laying over
a common orthofoto with ecw format.
I helped myself setting a rectangle around the label (BACKGROUNDCOLOR 200
200 200); but it would look much better having only tansparent annotation.
Thank you, Susanne

Thank you Steve for your answer:

How is this picture generated? Looks to me like you're overlaying a
transparent image over a background image in some other tool. You're seen
antialiasing effects then and how/if you can fix them really depends. You
should take this question to the main mapserver mailing list or the mailing
list for the tool you're doing the overlay in for more discussion.

Steve