[mapserver-dev] mapscript_csharp: Map display extend changes after changing a value

prak prakashtilhoo at astuntechnology.com
Mon Apr 6 08:30:04 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am working on an application using c# and mapscript_csharp.

I have the following functions:

1) DrawMap that just creates an image that binds to picturebox.

2) Zoom-In/Zoom-out/Recentre/Reset using:

I also have a memory object to track the map extent for seamless display.

oIOMapObj.zoomPoint(zoom, new pointObj(oIOMapObj.width/2, oIOMapObj.height/2,0,0), oIOMapObj.width, oIOMapObj.height, oIOMapObj.extent, null);

I allow user to change any value for the mapObj and after each change I draw the map by calling DrawMap .

Before calling the DrawMap, I apply the extent to the Map.

As long as I am changing values, the Map displayed works prefectly.

However, after calling  Zoom-In/Zoom-out/Recentre/Reset and then DrawMap, the display does show a 'zoomed' map.

But if I now make a value change, e.g. partials, and then call the DrawMap, after setting the extent appropriately, after the geoimageObj = oIOMapObj.draw(), my extent gets changed so that the displayed map gests different displayed extent.

i.e the MapExtent values gets changed after geoimageObj = oIOMapObj.draw(), whenever there has been a previous oIOMapObj.zoomPoint(zoom, new pointObj(oIOMapObj.width/2, oIOMapObj.height/2,0,0), oIOMapObj.width, oIOMapObj.height, oIOMapObj.extent, null);

And the displayed maps gets another extent, breaking the continuous from previous one.

Grateful if anyone could please advise on correction.

Thank you VERY MUCH !!